Wednesday 3 November 2010

Alysia Hunt

The natural progression from flower arranging, flower photography and horticulture - to botanical illustration has been a life long passion.
As a child in South Africa I was fascinated by the enormous variety of endemic species of flora which created the urge to study, at close quarters, the individual characteristics of each flower.
I came to live in England 50 years ago with my husband and I 'discovered' botanical illustration after I retired.  I found the choice of both indigenous and cultivated flora so varied and diverse, that after taking a course in horticulture, I became a volunteer at RHS Wisley. What a souce of inspiration...   I started painting in 2002.
My aim is to attempt to capture in watercolour, the beauty and uniqueness and incredible detail and structure of each plant. A very ambitious and steep learning curve!
I hope you will enjoy the results of my endeavour! Please visit my website for more information and pictures.


Alysia Hunt